The United Nations Children’s Fund has said that three children were responsible for the three bomb attacks in Konduga Village, Borno State, which claimed 30 lives and injured 40 others on Monday.
According to UNICEF, two girls and a boy carried out the bombing outside a viewing centre.
The UN agency, however, did not state the ages or identities of the children.
According to UNICEF, five children have been used in suicide attacks since the beginning of 2019.
In 2018, 48 children were used as human bombs in Nigeria, including 38 girls.
So far, nearly 200 children have been used to carry out bomb attacks in public places across Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon since 2014: four in 2014, 56 in 2015, 30 in 2016 and 27 only in the first three months of 2017.
Girls have been used in the vast majority of these attacks, according to UNICEF.
“UNICEF appeals to all those involved in this terrible conflict to protect children at all times and to keep them out of harm’s way,” the organisation said.