An 11-year-old boy, Godspower Isemin, has been electrocuted on Atamunu Street in Calabar South, Cross River State.
Sources said the victim was electrocuted by the gate on which he leaned while washing his clothes.
It was gathered that a high-tension wire snapped from an electric pole and fell on the gate, which electrocuted the victim.
An eyewitness, Usang Bassey, said the late Godspower was a younger brother to an up-and-coming actress, Esther Isemin.
Bassey said, “He was just leaning on the gate to wash his clothes at their house. There was no power at the time. When PHEDC (Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company) brought power, one of the wires on the pole by the gate fell and immediately, the boy was electrocuted.
“His elder brother, Donald, did all he could to save him. He rushed him to the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, but could not get immediate medical attention, only for a doctor to declare Godspower dead moments after.”
The victim’s sister, Esther, in her reaction, said, “I’m broken. He didn’t deserve it. The last time I spoke with Godspower, he said he wanted me to be a star.”
The state Police Command Public Relations Officer, Irene Ugbo, did not respond to calls and a text message when contacted on the incident.