The Ekiti State Police Command has discredit indication that policemen had been reserved from some communities in the state.
The indication could be attributed to the attack on some personnel and their genesis in part of the state.
The State Police Commissioner, Tunde Mobayo said, “The Command has no reason, whatsoever, to withdraw policemen posted to any part of the state including Ikere-Ekiti for the discharge of their statutory duties”.
A statement by the Police Public Relations Officer, Sunday Abutu, on Wednesday titled, ‘Aftermath of EndSARS protest: IGP committee visits Ekiti.’
The police commissioner spoke at Ikere Ekiti during the visit of the Assessment Committee of the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, headed by CP Abutu Yaro, to the affected police formations.
Mobayo assured Ekiti people of his commitment to the protection of citizens’ lives and properties.
He said, “no policeman posted to Ikere-Ekiti axis was withdrawn due to the recent unrest birthed by the EndSARS protest hijacked by hoodlums. Our officers and men are still very much on ground”.
The Yaro-led committee was to properly document the losses suffered by the force during the EndSARS protest for the purpose of strategic planning, re-construction and re-equipment as well as for future reference.
According to Abutu, the IGP committee was at Ikere Area Command where police facilities were looted and vandalized; Ikere Divisional Police Headquarters that was looted and set ablaze by the hoodlums during the protest and Afao-Ikere Divisional Police Headquarters that was also looted and set ablaze by the hoodlums under the umbrella of EndSARS protest.